Authors: Joseph S. Esherick, Daniel S. Clark, Evan D. Slater
ISBN: 9780071701945 / 007170194X
©2012 | 10th Edition | 240 pages | Paperback
Pub Date: DEC-11
Price: US$ 20.00
Everything you need to know about 1000 of the most commonly used medications – at your fingertips and in your pocket!
CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care provides busy clinicians with quick access to screening, prevention, and treatment guidelines for more than 60 common outpatient conditions. Content is derived from a wide array of recommendations from government agencies, expert panels, medical specialty organizations, and other professional and scientific organizations for the most reliable, up-to-date material possible.
- Drawn from the most reliable sources: government agencies, medical and scientific organizations, and expert panels
- Easy-to-follow guideline-based algorithms speed clinical decision making
- Spans all areas of general outpatient medicine
- Convenient, carry-anywhere size puts today’s best practices in your pocket
- Website addresses for U.S. government agencies and professional organizations
- Updated immunization schedules for all age groups
- New evidence and references
- More than fifty new topics
- Essential for residents and practicing physicians in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology; medical and nursing students; registered nurses; nurse practitioners; and physician assistants.
5 STAR DOODY’S REVIEW! (of a previous edition)
“The audience includes everyone who cares for patients, be they primary care clinicians, students, or residents in training. The editors, well known academic clinicians, have done a wonderful job….This is a valuable addition to every primary care clinician’s personal library at a very reasonable price.”–Doody’s Review Service
About the Author
Joseph Esherick, M.D., FAAFP is the Associate Director of Medicine and the Medical ICU Director at the Ventura County Medical Center in Ventura, California. He is also an Associate Clinical Professor of Family Medicine at The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Dr. Esherick is an editorial board member for Tarascon Publishing, Elsevier’s First Consult, and the American Academy of Family Physician’s FP Essentials monograph series.
Daniel S. Clark, M.D. is the Director of Medicine and Cardiology and Associate Medical Director at the Ventura County Medical Center in Ventura, California. He is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Family Medicine at The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. Doctor Clark has been involved with teaching for thirty-five years and has lectured nationally on various cardiology subjects for family physicians.
Evan D. Slater M.D. is the director of Hematology and Oncology at the Ventura County Medical Center in Ventura, California. He is also an assistant clinical professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. He has written numerous question and answers in hematology/oncology for Core Content Review of Family Medicine and a review article on serum tumor markers in the American Family Physician. He is a member of both the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology.